Residential Radon Mitigation
If radon testing reveals elevated radon levels in your property, the next step is to mitigate. Without a doubt, the most cost-effective and successful means for removing radon in the home is an ADS (active depressurization system). The ADS system draws air from under the slab or from under a radon polyethylene barrier (if there is no slab) and exhausts it to EPA’s standards through PVC pipe and a specially designed in-line fan.
Radon Mitigation Services
- Passive line activations
- Exterior sub-slab depressurization
- Interior sub-slab depressurization
- Crawlspace encapsulation
- Sub-membrane depressurization
- Annual system inspections
- Radon services include:
- Radon fan replacements
- Discharge replacement or re-route
- System relocation
- Sealing of sump pumps
Certified Radon Mitigation Experience
Certified Radon has experience mitigating over 20,000 homes across the Kansas City Metro area. From custom builds to patio villas, we have the solutions for you.
Certified Radon technicians are all professionally trained and certified in radon testing and mitigation, unlike most other providers. Accuracy of testing results and proper installation of radon mitigation systems are critical to ensuring the health and safety of your environment.
The Certified Radon Difference:
- Nationally & locally licensed technicians
- Licensed in Radon Measurement & Mitigation
- Pre-installation site assessments offered both virtually and On-Site
- Industry-leading installation methods that protect your home and reduce debris
- Annual and two-year follow-ups
- Immediate verification of system functionality with continuous radon monitor testing following installation
- Industry-leading Warranty and Guarantees
- Partnerships with industry experts when coring, roofing, or GPR services are required
What to Expect for your Residential Radon Mitigation Installation
- Certified Radon system installations are usually completed within one day on most residential properties. We use advanced equipment, minimizing dust and debris to leave your space clean and tidy after install.
- The Certified Radon Solution Specialist assigned to your home will show up to your home in a Certified Radon van in a timely manner. If for any reason their schedule had to be adjusted, you will be notified via phone call.
- The radon system installation time is typically 2-4 hours.
- The radon fan and corresponding lines will be installed according to code, best practices, and EPA standards. (You would think this goes without saying, but we’ve seen some scary stuff out there.) This means the exhaust point will be above the roofline and the radon fan will either be installed outside the home or in the attic, depending on the type of system.
- Your Certified Radon Solution Specialist will go above and beyond to keep your home and the work area clean. They will place foot coverings on their feet as they walk through the house and clean as they install to minimize dust.
- If you have a sump pump, we will seal it as neatly as possible.
- The radon mitigation system will start making a difference immediately.
- We will walk you through the radon mitigation system and show you how to monitor the system at appropriate time intervals. Rest assured, you will not have to check it out all the time. We will demonstrate to you how to read the U-tube line and recommend that you check it once a month.
- We will test for 3 days following the installation of the system to ensure radon levels have dropped to below action levels. You will be presented with this information.
- Lastly, you can expect to be informed and breathe easy as your system is now keeping your home safe from here on out. This is the Certified Radon mission.