Our Radon Mitigation Experience
From every layout and floor plan you can think of, Certified Radon has installed thousands of Residential Mitigation Systems in Kansas City.
Our technicians are all professionally trained and certified in radon testing and mitigation, unlike most other providers. Accuracy of testing results and proper installation of systems are critical to ensuring the health and safety of your environment.
Need Radon Testing or Mitigation?
Fill out the form below and we will have a Solution Specialist contact you soon.
Effective and Cost-Effective Radon Mitigation
After testing to determine radon levels in your home are above appropriate levels, the next step is to mitigate. Without a doubt, the most cost-effective and successful means for removing radon in the home is an ADS (active depressurization system). The ADS system draws air from under the slab or from under a radon polyethylene barrier (if there is no slab) and exhausts it to EPA’s standards through PVC pipe and a specially designed in-line fan.
Rid your residential home of dangerous radon levels with a Certified Radon Mitigation System. Our technicians are trained to install systems quickly and efficiently to ensure reliable results so you and your family can breathe easy. Installations are usually completed within one day. We use advanced equipment, minimizing dust and debris to leave your space clean and tidy after install. Call (816) 587-3500 today to learn more.
Kansas City Radon Zone Information
Kansas City, MO has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Kansas City is located in a high risk area of the country.
What to Expect for your Residential Radon Mitigation Installation:
- The Solution Specialist assigned to your home will show up to your home in a Certified Radon Van in a timely manner. If for any reason their schedule had to be adjusted, you will be notified via phone call.
- The system installation time is typically 2-4 hours.
- Fan and corresponding lines will be installed according to code, best practices, and EPA standards (You would think this goes without saying, but we’ve seen some scary stuff out there). This means the exhaust point will be above the roofline and the fan will either be installed outside the home or in the attic, depending on the type of system.
- Your Solution Specialist will go above and beyond to keep your home and the work area clean. They will place foot coverings on their feet as they walk through the house and clean as they install to minimize dust.
- If you have a sump pump, we will seal it as neatly as possible.
- The system will start making a difference immediately.
- We will walk you through the system and show you how to monitor the system at appropriate time intervals. Rest assured, you will not have to check it out all the time. We will demonstrate to you how to read the U-tube line and recommend that you check it once a month.
- We will test for 3 Days following the installation of the system to ensure radon levels have dropped to below action levels. You will be presented with this information.
Lastly, you can expect to be informed and breathe easy as your system is now keeping your home safe from here on out. This is our mission.
Recent Test Cases - Kansas City: (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64145 from 28.4 (!) pCi/L to 2 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64156 from 8.1 pCi/L to 1.1 pCi/L.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Saturday: 9am to 1pm
Reviews From KC Customers: