Is your home healthy? Testing for radon is the only way to be certain. The Environmental Protection Agency recommends testing for radon at least every two years. You may elect to conduct radon testing more frequently for peace of mind. Certified Radon offers both long-term and short-term testing solutions conducted by a skilled Certified Radon Technician to ensure accuracy.
All Certified Radon Technicians are professionally trained to maintain the highest industry standards and deliver accurate testing results.
Located in the Kansas City, MO metro, Certified Radon conducts an affordable,
professional short-term radon test that meets the EPA’s standards of radon testing. The testing device, a continuous radon monitor (CRM), is a calibrated instrument that will be placed in the lowest level of the home or building suitable for occupancy. Radon testing requires a minimum 48 hour test period with 12 (hours) of "closed-house conditions" prior to conducting the test. The continuous radon monitor (CRM) will take hourly readings for the duration of the test. Upon retrieval of the testing device, hourly readings are included in a detailed radon report specific to the structure tested.
Radon Testing Checklist
For reliable test results, follow this testing checklist carefully. Improper testing may yield inaccurate results and require another test. Disturbing or interfering with the test devices or with closed-house conditions may invalidate the test results and is illegal in some states. If the following items cannot be confirmed, another test must be taken:
- Notify the occupants of the importance of proper testing conditions. Give them a copy of this guide if possible and explain the directions carefully.
- Conduct the radon test for a minimum of 48 hours.
- Maintain closed-house conditions (keeping doors and windows closed) for a minimum of 12 hours before the 48-hour test begins and throughout the duration of the test.
- If the house has an active radon-reduction system, make sure the vent fan is operating properly. If the fan is not operating properly, have it (or ask to have it) repaired and then test.
- Operate heating and cooling systems normally during the test. For tests lasting less than one week, operate only air-conditioning units which re-circulate interior air.
- Do not disturb the test devices at any time during the test.
After testing, the devices will be picked up and taken to our laboratory where the results will be determined. Results of the test will typically be e-mailed, faxed, or mailed to you within 12 hours after the laboratory has processed the test
Radon gas in your commercial building requires quick action. Toxic levels of radon in commercial environments have the potential to impact the health of many individuals and creates a big liability. Certified Radon is experienced in testing and mitigating commercials properties, including apartment complexes, schools, federal buildings, and more. If your property tests positive for dangerous levels, our Certified Radon Commercial Radon Mitigation Systems will protect you and your employees from the health risks associated with this hazardous environmental threat.
Reduce your exposure by calling Certified Radon today at 816.587.3500. Curious about what commercial radon testing will cost you? Complete our estimate form to get the answers you need and get back to business.