Shawnee is a city we have proudly served for years, and we have enjoyed contributing to its safety. It is a city full of attractions and wonderful amenities. We are grateful for the great amount of homeowners we have been able to help with their radon needs through mitigation and testing. We remain dedicated to ensuring that more homes are helped and that awareness spreads through all of Shawnee.
Shawnee Radon Zone Information
Shawnee, KS is located in Johnson County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Shawnee is located in a high risk area of the country.
Radon services we provide to Shawnee:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some helpful links for Shawnee Homeowners and future Shawnee Homeowners:
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions concerning radon mitigation Shawnee:
- Are Radon levels Higher in Shawnee?
Shawnee is actually in a higher risk area of the country, so the potential for higher radon levels is greater than other portions of the country. As far as the KC metro area is concerned, it is not notably higher or lower than other KC based cities.
- How do I know my system is running as it should?
Upon installation of the system, there is a visual indicator placed by the main suction point. We will demonstrate to you how to double check that the fan is operating properly and recommend that you check once a month.
- How often will I have to pay attention to a mitigation system?
More often than not, you set it and forget it in a sense. That's kind of the point, peace of mind. We recommend you check the levels on the system once a month to ensure your fan is getting the right amount of suction. Other than that, it requires no real monitoring. That being said, sometimes fans start running loudly or burn out (usually 10 years later), and they require service. In short, you probably won't have to think about it 99.9% of the time.
- Why does the exhaust point have to be so high?
In short, it has to be. There are codes and rules that govern where you can disperse radon from the system. It has to be above the roof line and a specific distance away from windows and openings to other buildings. If it is too low, it actually becomes detrimental as a system as it creates an environment where concentrated radon is actually forced back into the home, rendering the system more harmful than helpful.
- Does the U-tube on the system indicate Radon Levels?
No. It is not an indicator of radon levels, but rather airflow through the system. It should be uneven, if it is even you are not getting proper airflow. Give us a call.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Shawnee: (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 66226 from 5.9 pCi/L to .7 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 66218 from 8 pCi/L to 0.5 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow Johnson County Homeowners: