Smithville is a unique, quaint, community-driven city that we have had the privilege of serving for years. Whether in newer developments or historical homes, we have provided peace of mind to a great amount of Smithville homeowners through radon testing and successfully mitigating radon. Though it’s a smaller city, we know that there is still more room for awareness, and we are determined to serve Smithville for years to come.
Smithville Radon Zone Information
Smithville, MO is located in Clay County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Smithville is located in a high risk area of the country.
Smithville, MO is located along the Little Platte River and was originally settled in 1822. It was first called Smith's Mill, after Humphrey "Yankee" Smith, but the name was later changed. It is a well-known location in the Northland of KC due to the popularity of Smithville Lake. The downtown portion of Smithville is listed in the national register of Historic Places.
Radon services we provide to Smithville:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some helpful links for Smithville Homeowners and future Smithville Homeowners:
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions concerning radon mitigation Smithville:
- Are radon levels Higher in Smithville?
It is in Radon Zone 1, which means it is in a high-risk area of the country. In compariosn to the rest of the KC area, it is not definitively higher or lower than average KC levels.
- What is the most cost effective and successful means of remediation?
The most cost-effective and successful method of remediation – or radon removal – is the active depressurization system (ADS). The ADS system draws air from under the slab or from under a radon polyethylene barrier (if there is no slab) and exhausts it to EPA’s standards through PVC pipe and a specially designed in-line fan.
- How does radon get into my home?
Through the soil, showers, windows, cracks, fittings, sump pump, groundwater, well water, and drains. In other words, the radon is looking for ways to expand out of the soil and will find cracks and holes to do so. We can mitigate that intrusion by sealing and installing a mitigation system.
- I've lived here many years, what's the point of testing now?
You will reduce your risk of lung cancer when you reduce radon levels, even if you’ve lived with an elevated radon level for a long time.
- Can I Fix it myself?
Unless you are well-versed in Radon Science, a Construction expert, and up to date on building codes, we would highly suggest you leave it to professionals. This is a radioactive gas. Trust professionals to handle it.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Smithville: (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64089 from 8 pCi/L to 1.1 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64089 from 12.1 pCi/L to 1.1 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow KC Metro Homeowners: