Saint Joseph is a very unique city with a style all its own. Though it is not that close to Kansas City proper, we are in St.Joe continually to serve its citizens. We are proud to have served many Saint Joseph residents, but we know that the work is not close to done. We remain dedicated to the cause of ensuring peace of mind for the people of Saint Joseph through radon mitigation and radon testing.
St. Joseph Radon Zone Information
Saint Joseph, MO is located in Buchanan County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Saint Joseph is located in a high risk area of the country.
About St. Joseph:
St. Joseph is the eighth largest city in the state of Missouri. It is technically located in Buchanan County, though parts of the city end up in Andrew County. The city is named after its founder Joseph Robidoux and the biblical saint St. Joseph. It is where the pony express got its start along with being the place that Jesse James died. One popular slogan for the city is, "where the Pony Express started and Jesse James ended." The city was officially incorporated in 1843. This historic city is also the location of Missouri Western State University, which serves as the venue for the Kansas City Chief's Training Camp.
Radon services we provide to St. Joseph:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some informative links for homeowners in St.Joseph and future St.Joseph citizens:
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding radon mitigation Saint Joseph:
- Are radon levels Higher in St. Joseph?
If you look at radon zone maps of the U.S., it is in an elevated level area. It is in Radon Zone 1, which means it is in a high-risk area of the country. In relation to the rest of the KC area, it is not significantly statistically higher or lower as a whole.
- What if I have a non-traditional home layout?
Radon can be a problem in homes of all types: old homes, new homes, drafty homes, insulated homes, homes with basements, and homes without basements. Local geology, construction materials, and how the home was built are among the factors that can affect radon levels in homes. We’ve conducted thousands of tests across the region in homes of all ages and layouts – new and old, basements, slabs, crawl spaces – you name it.
- My neigbor's home tested high, does that mean mine will too?
Radon levels can vary greatly from home to home. The only way to know if your home has a radon problem is to test it.
- I've lived here many years, what's the point of testing now?
You will reduce your risk of lung cancer when you reduce radon levels, even if you’ve lived with an elevated radon level for a long time.
- Should I test my water instead?
While radon gets into some homes through water, it is important to first test the air in the home for radon. If your water comes from a public water supply that uses ground water, call your water supplier. If high radon levels are found and the home has a private well, call the Safe Drinking Water Hotline at (800) 426-4791 for information on testing your water.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Saint Joseph (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64503 from 9.2 pCi/L to 1.4 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64053 from 12.0 (!) pCi/L to .5 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow St. Joseph Homeowners and KC Metro Clients: