Recently we’ve gained good ground in the Raymore and Belton area, and being in the area on a regular basis means that we can efficiently serve homeowners here. The rapid growth of the area in real estate has led to a great demand for radon mitigation and radon testing in homes and we have been fortunate to meet the need. This area has us excited about the future, and we are ready to put in the work to serve it well.
Raymore/Belton Radon Zone Information
Raymore/Belton, MO is located in Cass County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Raymore/belton is located in a high risk area of the country.
About Raymore & Belton:
Raymore, while nowhere near the largest city in the KC metro area, it is one of the fastest growing cities. In 2007, Forbes Magazine identified Raymore as the 52nd fastest growing suburb in the United States. It was first put on the map in 1874. It was named after 2 railroad men, combing their 2 names, Rae, and Moore. It is home to a post office that has been in operation since 1872. The City's slogan is "Come Home to More" and is regularly high on the list of new home builds in the KC area.
Belton, a neighboring City to Raymore has a higher population but isn't growing at the same rate as Raymore. Belton was first put on the map in 1871. It is believed that the city is named after Captain Marcus Lindsay Belt. The City slogan is "Proud Past, Bright Future".
Radon services we provide to Raymore-Belton:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding radon mitigation Raymore/Belton:
- Are radon levels Higher in Raymore/Belton?
Looking at the rest of the country, It is in the higher range. It is in Radon Zone 1, which means it is in a high-risk area of the country. When you compare it to other cities in the KC metro, there's nothing to suggest that there's a statistically significant variance from other KC suburbs.
- If I just seal my sump pump and floor cracks really well, can I keep radon out?
If only it were that easy. While sealing does help as part of the mitigation system as a whole, in and of itself it is not going to keep radon at bay. The only way to truly remove radon is a mitigation system.
- I live in an area that doesn't have high radon levels, so I'm safe right?
If you live in the Kansas City area, or within the general vicinity, we'd be curious to know where that information came from. Just as a general understanding, KC is in radon zone 1, so the possibility of high numbers is more likely than some other parts of the country. The only way to know if the levels in your home are "Safe", is to test.
- Is a bigger fan better? Will it pull out more radon if I "upgrade" my fan?
That's not the way radon works. There are scenarios like if your slab is 4000 sq. ft. where a larger fan is necessary. If your house is an average sized home, there isn't some "bigger is better" special upgrade in radon fans. Unless the company can give you a very distinct reason for the bigger fan, they are most likely trying to upsell you for no reason. There are very few scenarios where a bigger fan is needed.
- How long until a system starts making a difference?
It starts making a difference right away. Whereas radon had been able to freely roam before, once a system has been installed it starts pulling air out immediately. We start testing after the system is installed and will be able to show the difference quickly.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Raymore & Belton (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64083 from 18 (!) pCi/L to 1.8 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64012 from 9 pCi/L to 1.2 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Raymore-Belton Homeowners: