With it’s beautiful homes, gorgeous land, and rich history, Prairie Village is a very enjoyable city to serve on a weekly basis. We have served a wide range of homeowners in this city through the installation of radon mitigation systems and radon testing. Though we have already served plenty of homeowners here, we are certain that more awareness is needed and we are determined to meet the need.
Prairie Village Radon Zone Information
Prairie Village, KS is located in Johnson County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Prairie Village is located in a high risk area of the country.
About Prairie Village:
Prairie Village is located in Johnson County, Kansas. It was put on the map in 1941 and named after the Prairie School, which was created about a century earlier. In 1949, it was recognized as the best planned community in the nation by the National Association of Home Builders. It officially became a city in 1951. JC Nichols is commonly recognized as the main developer of the city as he pursued the development of amenities in the location now known as Prairie Village following World War II and the creation of the Country Club Plaza. In 2006 it was named one of the five most efficient cities in the entire region by the Kansas City Star.
Radon services we provide to Prairie Village:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some useful links for homeowners in Prairie Village and prospective Prairie Villagers:
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions concerning Radon Mitigation Prairie Village:
- Are radon levels Higher in Prairie Village?
According to research, Prairie Village is more likely to have elevated radon levels. It is in Radon Zone 1, which means it is in a high-risk area of the country. In comparison to the KC metro as a whole, it is not significantly statistically higher or lower.
- I've had a mitigation system installed, what's next?
Your home will be retested to make sure the radon levels have been effectively reduced. Your fan needs to run continually, so don't turn it off or unplug it. We recommend you check your U-tube once a month to ensure that the fan is working properly. After that, re-test every at least every 2 years to ensure safe levels.
- What are the components to the system?
- One or more small holes in the ground called suction points
- PVC pipes inserted in the holes and extended through the home and up through the attic (if interior) or along an outside wall to extend above the roofline of the house.
- A specifically designed radon fan electrically wired
- U-tube manometer attached to the piping to monitor the operation of the fan
- The exhaust pipe is open, won't rain and other debris be a problem?
Accounting for moisture is part of understanding these systems. The thing to know is that the amount of air coming out of the exhaust pipe prevents debris from making it's way into the pipe. Interestingly enough, the amount of rain water that gets into the system is very little. If water enters the system, it typically just trickles into the soil and disperses.
- You said the fan runs all the time, what kind of energy consumption are we talking about?
Pennies a day. The fans are very efficient and don't make a huge demand electrically.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Prairie Village (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 66208 from 11 pCi/L to .7 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 66208 from 6.0 pCi/L to 1.6 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Prairie Village and Johnson County Homeowners: