We regularly test for radon and install radon mitigation systems in Platte City. This small, quiet little town is an enjoyable stop day in and day out for our technicians. While the population is not large, there’s still plenty of need to bring awareness about acceptable radon levels throughout the city. We are committed to providing peace of mind to Platte City residents for years to come.
Platte City Radon Zone Information
Platte City, MO is located in Platte County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Platte City is located in a high risk area of the country.
Located along the Little Platte River, Platte City is the county seat of Platte County, MO. It was incorporated as a city in 1843 and was founded by Zadock "Zed" Martin. Platte City is also the home of the longest continuously operating fair west of the Mississippi River, the Platte County Fair, which opened in 1863. The city was burned to the ground during the Civil war and was supposed to be the site of a robbery by Jesse James the morning he was assassinated.
Radon services we provide to Platte City:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some helpful links for Platte City Homeowners and future Platte City Homeowners:
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions concerning radon mitigation Platte City:
- Are radon levels Higher in Platte City?
It is in Radon Zone 1, which means it is in a high-risk area of the country. That does not mean, however, that it is particularly lower or higher than the rest of the KC Metro area.
- Do you really need to seal my sump pit?
If you really want your system to work well...yes. We are seeking to create a vacuum underneath the house and a gaping hole in the floor goes a long way to impede that goal. We do our best to seal as neatly as possible and keep the area clean.
- What’s a High Radon Level?
The EPA recommended action level is 4pCi/L, so anything above this we would consider high. We have seen astronomically higher numbers than 4.
- How accurate are tests, really?
As with any testing or measurement process, variability in precision and accuracy is accounted for. Our use of Continuous Radon Monitors provides hour-by-hour monitoring and trustworthy results.
- Do I have to have the fan in a specific place?
We can do interior systems and exterior systems based on the homeowner's request. There are certain standards for the system to actually be effective, like how far they are away from a window, roof clearing, etc. We do our best to place systems in a spot that is discreet and doesn't take away from the aesthetic of the home. We will work with you to determine the ideal spot. The fan cannot be installed in the home unless it is in an uninhabited attic.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Platte City: (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64079 from 10 pCi/L to .9 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64079 from 5.6 pCi/L to 0.3 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow KC Metro Homeowners: