We serve Parkville continually each week, and we appreciate every time we get to work in this city. It is a quiet, unique, and cultured city that is filled to the brim with creativity and places to enjoy. We have made great progress in this city by bringing awareness to thousands of homes and servicing homeowners through radon testing and radon mitigation for years and we will continue for years to come.
Parkville Radon Zone Information
Parkville, MO is located in Platte County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Kansas City is located in a high risk area of the country.
Parkville was first put on the map in 1844. It was named after a first settler named George S. Park. Known for its antique shops and historic downtown, Parkville is also home to a handful of art galleries. It is also the site of Park University, a private university known for academic excellence and for being one of the most Veteran Friendly colleges to attend.
Radon services we provide to Parkville:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions concerning radon mitigation Parkville:
- Are radon levels Higher in Parkville?
It is in Radon Zone 1, a higher-risk area of the country. In comparison to the rest of the KC metro, it is not definitively higher or lower on average.
- If my Radon levels are high, will there be an odor or any other indicator?
No. That's the tricky part about radon. It has no smell, is invisible to the naked eye and has no taste. It is considered one of the most life-threatening forms since it cannot be detected without proper testing. The Surgeon General and American Lung Association warn that radon gas has been proven the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
- Does the Radon Fan run all the time?
Yes. Radon doesn't rest in trying to get into your house, so the fan continues to run as it creates airflow to keep pushing radon out of the house through the mitigation system. The fans, when running correctly, are very quiet and efficient. The expected life span of the fan is 10 years with proper use.
- I live in an area that doesn't have high radon levels, so I'm safe right?
If you live in the Kansas City area, or within the general vicinity, we'd be curious to know where that information came from. Just as a general understanding, KC is in radon zone 1, so the possibility of high numbers is more likely than some other parts of the country. The only way to know if the levels in your home are "Safe", is to test.
- What will keep rain and debris out of the open exhaust pipe?
Accounting for moisture is part of understanding these systems. The thing to know is that the amount of air coming out of the exhaust pipe prevents debris from making it's way into the pipe. Interestingly enough, the amount of rain water that gets into the system is very little. If water enters the system, it typically just trickles into the soil and disperses.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Parkville: (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64152 from 12 pCi/L to .7 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64152 from 9.0 pCi/L to .9 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow KC Metro Homeowners: