Olathe continues to be one of the cities that we schedule the most appointments in year after year. We are thankful for the opportunities we’ve had in this beautiful city, but we are also excited to continue the mission of bringing awareness of radon’s dangers to the whole city. Through radon mitigation and radon testing, we will continue to change one household at a time so that each family can breathe easy.
Olathe Radon Zone Information
Olathe, KS resides in a county which has been assigned a high risk zone by the EPA. It is recommended your home business or be tested for elevated levels for radon. Radon levels in the 66061 zip code have also been given a high assessment.
Olathe, KS and the 66061 zip code are located in Johnson County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. Olathe is located in a high risk area of the country. However, with any household or business, regardless of Radon Zone, it is suggested your home be tested for unsafe levels of radon.
Olathe, KS is the 4th most populous city in Kansas and the KC Metro Area. It is located within the Johnson County lines. Back in 2008, Olathe was ranked as the 24th fastest growing city in the United States, and was also listed as the 11th city on the "100 Best Cities to Live in the United States" list made by CNN/Money magazine. Olathe's history is traceable back to 1857, When Dr. John T. Barton found himself in Johnson County and was taken back by the beauty of the land. He reportedly asked a Shawnee interpreter how to say "beautiful" in his native language, the response being "Olathe". Olathe is the home of Garmin international.
Radon services we provide to Olathe:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here's a collection of resourceful links for those living in Olathe and prospective citizens of Olathe.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding radon mitigation Olathe:
- Are radon levels Higher in Olathe?
In reference to the rest of the U.S., it is considered as high. It is in Radon Zone 1, a higher risk area of the United States. Concerning the rest of the KC area, in comparison it is not noticeably higher or lower.
- Does the Radon Fan run all the time?
Yes. Radon doesn't rest in trying to get into your house, so the fan continues to run as it creates airflow to keep pushing radon out of the house through the mitigation system. The fans, when running correctly, are very quiet and efficient. The expected life span of the fan is 10 years with proper use.
- When will I get my test results?
Upon retrieval of the testing device, hourly readings are included in a detailed radon report specific to the structure tested. For homeowners, we present the results of the test at the point of device retrieval. In other scenarios, we send to the responsible party that paid for and requested the test.
- How long are the tests?
Radon testing requires a minimum 48-hour test period with 12 hours of "closed-house conditions" prior to conducting the test. The continuous radon monitor (CRM) will take hourly readings for the duration of the test.
- Why is Radon Dangerous?
Radon is radioactive. Outdoors, there is little danger because radon is diluted in the open air. But indoors, radon is trapped and becomes concentrated in enclosed or poorly ventilated spaces.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Olathe (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 66062 from 10.1 pCi/L to 1.1 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 66062 from 19.2 (!) pCi/L to 1.4 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow Olathe Homeowners: