Liberty is one of our favorite places to work week in and week out. The city has a very rich history and an abundance of amenities and offerings for its residents. It comes as no surprise to us that it has been voted one of the best cities to live in the United States. With a multitude of houses served by radon testing and radon mitigation, we are proud to contribute to the safety of this great city.
Liberty Radon Zone Information
Liberty, MO is located in Clay County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Liberty is located in a high risk area of the country.
Liberty, MO is a thriving, growing suburb of Kansas City. It is located in Clay County. In 2011, in CNN/Money's 100 best places to live, Liberty was ranked #7. It is known by tourists as the place where Jesse James pulled off his first daytime robbery and the place where Joseph Smith, the founder of the Mormon church was imprisoned before fleeing to the west. This historical city was settled in 1822 and is the home of William Jewell College and the Operations Headquarters of Ferrellgas.
Radon services we provide to Liberty:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some helpful links for Liberty's homeowners and Future homeowners in Liberty
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions reagarding radon mitigation Liberty:
- Are radon levels Higher in Liberty?
In light of the levels across the United States, it is in the hgiher range. It is in Radon Zone 1, a higher risk area of the Nation. As far as the KC Metro area is concerned, It is not particularly higher or lower than surrounding cities.
- Why does Radon need to be discharged above my home's roof?
Radon Gas can be highly influenced by air movement and pressure, and re-entry into the home could be redistributed quickly. When the gas is discharged above the roof, it disperses to background levels 3-4 feet from the point of discharge. The EPA disallowed ground level discharge due to concerns over re-entry and exposing children to high levels of Radon. In short, it gives the gas a change to disperse to more safe levels before re-entry or exposure becomes an issue.
- What is the national average for Radon Levels?
The average indoor radon level is about 1.3 picocuries per liter (pCi/L) in air in the U.S. as a whole, while the average outdoor level is about 0.4 pCi/L. The KC metro area is significantly higher than the national level.
- How accurate are tests, really?
As with any testing or measurement process, variability in precision and accuracy is accounted for. Our use of Continuous Radon Montiors provides hour-by-hour monitoring and trustworthy results.
- Can I run my Heat/Air Conditioning during testing?
Operate heating and cooling systems normally during the test. For tests lasting less than one week, operate only air-conditioning units which re-circulate interior air.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Liberty (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64068 from 16.2 pCi/L to 1.3 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home oin 64068 from 7.1 pCi/L to 0.6 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow KC Metro Clients: