Lenexa is a regular stop for us during the week and we are honored to serve this city that offers so much to its citizens. It is a city with a grand vision and a bright future, and one that pulls together for progress. Though we have serviced hundreds of homes here, we are determined to grow our influence in Lenexa to bring radon awareness to every corner of the city.
Lenexa Radon Zone Information
Lenexa, KS is located in Johnson County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Lenexa is located in a high risk area of the country.
Lenexa, KS is within the Borders of Johnson County. It is the 9th most populated city in the KC metro area. In true KC area fashion, every June Lenexa holds a barbecue competition that also serves as the championship for the state of Kansas. Historically, the city has very strong ties to american folk legend Wild Bill Hickok, who settled for a time in what is now modern day Lenexa. The name is a derivation of a Shawnee Native American named Na-Nex-Se. The town was officially put on the map in 1869. Lenexa is also where Garmin started, a national GPS company.
Radon services we provide to Lenexa:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding Radon Mitigation Lenexa:
- Are radon levels Higher in Lenexa?
Based on Radon Zone maps, Lenexa would be considered in the higher levels of the nation. It is in Radon Zone 1, which means it is in a high-risk area of the country. As far as the rest of the KC area, there's no significant statistical difference between Lenexa and the other cities in the KC metro.
- I have a home with no cracks or openings, what's the point of testing for Radon?
Radon is a gas, and therefore can slip through cracks you can't even see. it will find its way into homes new and old, finished and unfinshed, big and small. The only way to know if the levels in your home are higher than what is considered "safe" is to test.
- Can I Fix it myself?
Unless you are well-versed in Radon Science, a Construction expert, and up to date on building codes, we would highly suggest you leave it to professionals. This is a radioactive gas. Trust professionals to handle it.
- Where will the test device be placed?
Based on EPA recommendations, the device is placed on the lowest livable level of the home. We place them as out of the way as we can, but there are specific guidelines we must follow to test accurately. Do not disturb the test while in-progress.
- My home is radon resistant so I'm good, right?
Unless you have a test to show you that the levels are safe, you can't now if you have high radon or not. Radon Resistant New Consctruction (RRNC) as a name implies that it is inherently resistant to radon, however, that is not the case. It really means that the house is "radon system ready", meaning that it is all set in place to have a mitigation fan installed, not that it is effectively mitigating radon currently.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Lenexa (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 66220 from 11+ pCi/L to 1.9 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 66220 from 13.5 pCi/L to .2 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow KC Metro Clients: