Lee’s Summit is one of our most serviced areas as of late, and we are so excited that we are seeing the fruit of bringing radon awareness to this city. We thoroughly enjoy being in this city that has such strong community values. While we have seen tremendous growth in Lee’s Summit, there’s still more work to do. We will continue to hustle each and every day to ensure that Lee’s Summit is safe from dangerous radon exposure.
Lee's Summit Radon Zone Information
Lees Summit, MO and the 64063 zip code are located in Jackson County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. Lees Summit is located in a high risk area of the country. However, with any household or business, regardless of Radon Zone, it is suggested your home be tested for unsafe levels of radon.
About Lee’s Summit:
Lee’s Summit is the sixth largest city in the state of Missouri as of the 2010 Census. It is located within Jackson and Cass Counties. It was also Voted the 27th best city to live in in the United States by Money magazine in 2010. The name Lee’s Summit is rare in that it includes an apostrophe, which generally is not included in city names to avoid confusion. There are debates about the origin of the “Lee” portion of the name, but it is agreed universally that the “Summit” portion is due to the city being the highest point between Kansas City and St.Louis along the railroad.
Radon services we provide to Lee’s Summit:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some helpful links for homeowners in Lee’s Summit and future residents.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding radon mitigation Lees Summit:
- Are radon levels Higher in Lee Summit?
In relation to the rest of the country, it could be considered high. It is in Radon Zone 1, which means it is in a high-risk area of the country. As far as compared to other areas in the Kansas City Metro, it varies quite a bit.
- How Do you fix radon levels?
We fix radon levels by installing a radon mitigation system. To learn more about those systems, click here.
- What’s a High Radon Level?
The EPA recommended action level is 4pCi/L, so anything above this we would consider high. We have seen astronomically higher numbers than 4.
- Is it really that big of a deal?
You bet it is. This is why we have hustled since 2007 to educate as many people as possible.
- What goes into Radon Testing in my house?
Testing your house usually consists of a 48hr test where one of our techs drop a radon monitor in your home with your permission. During those 48hrs, it is important to keep closed home conditions (windows, doors, etc.). Tests usually go in the lowest livable area of the home and are typically out of the way. You may not even remember it’s there. We come back after the test is complete and get a reading on-site to let you know where your levels are in your home. We provide a detailed report and follow up on how to mitigate if the numbers are at an actionable level.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Lees Summit (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64082 from 5.7 pCi/L to .5 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64081 from 17.8 (!) pCi/L to 1.0 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow Lee's Summiters:
5.0 | 07-20-2016
Review by Tunya C. in Lee's Summit
Project: Radon Testing
Certified Radon representatives were extrememly knowledgable and curteous. They did an outstanding job.
5.0 | 07-20-2016
Review by a homeowner in Lee's Summit, MO
Project: Radon Mitigation
Travis was very accomodating, informative and a pleasure to work with.
4.5 | 01-18-2019
Review by Sam K. in Lee's Summit
Project: Radon Mitigation
The service personnel was on time and did a great job. Their payment software with Apple Pay, top notch and seamless.