In recent years we have found ourselves in Leavenworth every week, and we have enjoyed getting to help this historic city in the area of radon. The city has been a fairly underserved area in the arena of radon testing and radon mitigation, but Certified Radon remains committed to making sure every citizen of Leavenworth can breathe easy. We are excited to continue our mission here and bring radon awareness to the forefront.
Leavenworth Radon Zone Information
Leavenworth, KS is located in Leavenworth County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Leavenworth is located in a high risk area of the country.
Leavenworth is the county seat of Leavenworth County, KS. It was named after Colonel Henry Leavenworth and this historical city was established in 1854. Leavenworth is the 10th most populated city in the KC metro area. It is the home of Fort Leavenworth, which is known as the "Intellectual Center of the Army". It is also home to several Prisons including the Leavenworth United States Penitentiary.
Radon services we provide to Leavenworth:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some informational links for homeowners in Leavenworth and prospective citizens.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions regarding radon mitigation Leavenworth:
- Are radon levels Higher in Leavenworth?
It is higher than many areas in relation to the rest of the country. It is in Radon Zone 1, which means it is in a high-risk area of the country. In relation to the rest of Kansas City metro, it is not significantly higher or lower than the rest of Kansas City statistically.
- Why does the exhaust point have to be so high?
In short, it has to be. There are codes and rules that govern where you can disperse radon from the system. It has to be above the roof line and a specific distance away from windows and openings to other buildings. If it is too low, it actually becomes detrimental as a system as it creates an environment where concentrated radon is actually forced back into the home, rendering the system more harmful than helpful.
- My house has been closed up for quite a while, is that why my radon levels are higher?
In short, no. Due to normal airflow in homes and modern HVAC systems, your house will exchange its air about every 3 hours. We also require closed home conditions in the hours leading up to testing.
- Does the U-tube on the system indicate Radon Levels?
No. It is not an indicator of radon levels, but rather airflow through the system. It should be uneven, if it is even you are not getting proper airflow. Give us a call.
- Is a mitigation appointment going to be super messy?
At the end of the day, we are drilling through concrete, which comes with some mess. However, we follow our process for each job that ensures that we leave a very clean workspace. We want to have clean installs that we can be proud of as well. Rest assured, we will not being leaving a mess in your home.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Leavenworth: (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 66049 from 22(!) pCi/L to 3 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 66048 from 17 pCi/L to .8 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow Leavenworth and surrounding area Homeowners: