We are in the Blue Springs area regularly and we enjoy serving this growing, thriving community with its beautiful parks and landscapes. The robust housing market in Blue Springs means that the need for radon testing and radon mitigation is great. We have serviced hundreds of homes specifically in Blue Springs and we are looking forward to serving more homeowners in the future.
Blue Springs Radon Zone Information
Blue Springs, MO is located in Jackson County, which has an EPA assigned Radon Zone of 1. A radon zone of 1 predicts an average indoor radon screening level greater than 4 pCi/L, which is above the recommended levels assigned by the EPA. According to the EPA, Blue Springs is located in a high risk area of the country.
About Blue Springs:
Blue Springs, MO is the 8th largest city in the KC Metropolitan area. It is located in Jackson County. In 2010, Blue Springs ended up landing at #49 on CNN/Money's list of 100 best places to live. The name Blue Springs comes from settlers migrating during the Westward Journey. Due to the fresh water from the Little Blue River, it became an ideal spot to stop and stay a while. The city was incorporated in 1880 and continues to be a thriving KC metro city today.
Radon services we provide to Blue Springs:
- Residential Radon Mitigation (also called, radon reduction, radon remediation, radon removal, and radon abatement)
- Commercial Radon Mitigation (schools, healthcare facilities, office buildings, multi-family apartments and more)
- Radon Testing (residential & commercial)
- Active Continuous Monitoring (best suited for real estate, takes 48 hours to complete)
- Passive Monitoring - short-term charcoal canister testing & long term charcoal canister testing
- Radon Service – Fan replacement & system maintenance
- Passive-line Activations – Newer construction homes pre-installed with a passive radon system can be “activated” by adding a radon fan to further reduce radon levels. These services include fan installation, electrical work, and roof penetration.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions concerning radon mitigation Blue Springs:
- Are radon levels Higher in Blue Springs?
It is in Radon Zone 1, which means it is in a high-risk area of the country. In relation to the rest of the KC area, it is not exceptionally higher or lower than surrounding cities.
- How do I know my system is running as it should?
Upon installation of the system, there is a visual indicator placed by the main suction point. We will demonstrate to you how to double check that the fan is operating properly and recommend that you check once a month.
- What is the most cost effective and successful means of remediation?
The most cost-effective and successful method of remediation – or radon removal – is the active depressurization system (ADS). The ADS system draws air from under the slab or from under a radon polyethylene barrier (if there is no slab) and exhausts it to EPA’s standards through PVC pipe and a specially designed in-line fan.
- If my Radon levels are high, will there be an odor or any other indicator?
No. That's the tricky part about radon. It has no smell, is invisible to the naked eye and has no taste. It is considered one of the most life-threatening forms since it cannot be detected without proper testing. The Surgeon General and American Lung Association warn that radon gas has been proven the second-leading cause of lung cancer in the United States.
- How long does a system installation take?
A fairly standard installation is anywhere from 2-4 hrs. We always clean the workspace and wear foot protection in the house to ensure it is as low-impact to your home and normal schedule as possible. Other than your discreet, expertly installed system, we want to leave the place looking like we were never there. We try to do that as efficiently as possible.
Recent Test Cases - Radon Mitigation Blue Springs: (Addresses not given for privacy's sake)
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64015 from 6.4 pCi/L to .4 pCi/L.
- Through Radon Mitigation, we were able to take a home in 64014 from 14 pCi/L to .3 pCi/L.
About Certified Radon
Since opening in 2008, we’ve grown to become Kansas City’s premier provider for radon removal and mitigation services. We’ve proudly served thousands of homeowners, property managers, and commercial property owners and look forward to serving you!
Our Mission: To serve with Heart, show up with Hustle, change the game by always finding a way to be the solution. Winning the trust of our clients exemplifying integrity and respect to be the industry Champion.
2707 NE Brooktree Lane
Kansas City, MO 64119
M-F: 8am to 5pm
Reviews From Fellow Blue Springers and other KC Metro Customers: