If you are familiar with our company, Certified Radon, you know that we believe strongly in serving our community and helping our customers live healthy lifestyles. Testing and protecting your home from the dangers of radon is the core of our business, but we are dedicated to many other efforts as well. One example is spreading the word about “Heart Month” in February. We show our support by participating in American Heart Association’s “Go Red for Women” events and “Million HeartsTM” awareness initiatives through the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) – this is an effort to prevent 1 million heart attacks and strokes in the United States.
According to the CDC, the rates of stroke and heart disease have reached epidemic levels in the U.S. Just as we see in the radon business with lung disease issues associated with radon exposure, with heart disease, prevention really is key. Consider taking the “Million Hearts ChallengeTM” this month to improve your health, and the health of those your care about.
- Drive the initiative by challenging your family and friends to take the Million HeartsTM pledge at http://millionhearts.hhs.gov.
- Get up and get active by being physically active for at least 30 minutes on most days of the week.
- Know your ABCS:
- Ask your doctor if you should take an Aspirin every day.
- Find out if you have high Blood pressure or Cholesterol, and if you do, get effective treatment.
- If you Smoke, get help to quit.
- Make your calories count by eating a heart-healthy diet high in fresh fruits and vegetables and low in sodium and trans-fat.
- Take control of your heart health by following your doctor’s prescription instructions.
February is a great time to start your heart-healthy initiatives. Take care of yourselves, friends!