Bring on the sunshine and longer days! While we didn’t have record snowfalls in the Kansas City area this year (yet), we have had our share of cold winter days. I don’t know about you, but I am ready for warmer weather and the colors of spring. Bringing some springtime indoors can’t hurt either. Here are five ways to spruce up your home for the season.
- Lighten Up! – Replace heavy woolen fabrics, blankets and curtains with lighter weight materials to add an easy-breezy feel to your space.
- Pop the Color – Add some fresh spring color to your home with colored throw pillows or throws. Lavender and purples are trending in design this year. Give it a try!
- Get Fresh – Fresh flowers, that is. You can’t go wrong with a bouquet of tulips or daffodils to liven up a room. Even a vase of greenery will add a natural element of the outdoors that will immediately bring a touch of spring to your décor.
- Fire the Fireplace – Transform your wood-burning fireplace into an architectural accent during the warm months. Stack cut white birch logs to lighten up the dark space.
- Stick to It! – Removeable wallpaper on an accent wall can quickly makeover a space – and it doesn’t have to be a long-term commitment. Try a funky fresh design to add some color and new interest to your favorite room.
At Certified Radon, we not only work to help ensure your home is healthy, we want to help our customers enjoy their home “comfort zone.” I hope these tips will help you add a little more springtime feel to your home.
Here’s to a great spring in Kansas City!